1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Series labels via copy and paste in "select data" dialogue

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by Ron Prince, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Ron Prince

Ron Prince New Member

Probably a dumb question: how can I label several series in a line graph as a group, rather than one at a time, as is required in the "select data" dialogue?
  2. Hui

Hui Excel Ninja Staff Member

Ron

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

A few ways:
    1. Select your data and labels prior to making the chart, then Excel will do it for you
    2. Use VBA or an addin
    3. Do it manually, your present method
  3. Ron Prince

Ron Prince New Member

Thank you so much! Have been using Excel for years and never tried that! Years! After your suggestion I opened up a table in Excel, highlighted the column labels as well as the the row labels and PRESTO! series labels in the legend.

You have made my remaining years easier!

Ron