• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Search match comma separated values in a cell

m16club

How could I search each comma separated value in a cell, then find a match to it's value from another workbook?
datalookup.xlsx
A - value to match search
B - value to be returned correspondent to match

seachmatch.xlsx
C - search each comma separated value until found a match on [datalookup.xlsx]sheet!$A, and return corresponded value of [datalookup.xlsx]sheet!$B
D - Returned value (result)

Note: C value could go over 256 characters.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• searchmatch.xlsx
    8.1 KB · Views: 4
  • datalookup.xlsx
    8.1 KB · Views: 4
hi @m16club ,

See if is ok With Power Query Solution.

Regard
Rahul Shewale
Thanks for introducing me to Power Query. I never knew it existed. I was looking for an old school Vlookup crazy function :eek:

It's safe to say that there's only one unique value from search to be matched and return it's first match price value, so there's no need to group all results. datalookup (price) is very big with 50k to 200k entries. Would Power Query be the quickest tool to find the match?

Last edited:
Thanks for introducing me to Power Query. I never knew it existed. I was looking for an old school Vlookup crazy function :eek:

It's safe to say that there's only one unique value from search to be matched and return it's first match price value, so there's no need to group all results. datalookup (price) is very big with 50k to 200k entries. Would Power Query be the quickest tool to find the match?

yes Power Query is super fast .

Back