• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Search for a value in folder and return the entire row in new spreadsheet

SDB

Dear all, Hope all of you are doing well, I have spent many hours trying to come up with this file and user form (maybe its simple but I am trying to learn) and finally it is almost done except the below 2 things which I am unable to understand since I am quite new to VBA and tried my best , I have attached the sample file.

The filed under "Search In directory" on the user form does not show up the selected path.

And when I click on "Execute" I end up getting Compile error: Invalid or unqualified reference.
Any help is really appreciated as I need to compile a lot of data in short timeframe.

Attachments

• test3 - example.xlsm
    33.8 KB · Views: 3
SDB
Seems that You skipped my previous reply.
Your Private Sub CommandButton2_Enter() looks still same as with Your previous thread.

About this thread...
Could You eg write:
> Which Sub makes this time challenges for You?
> as well as which line?

Hi @vletm , sorry i may not understand too technical terms as still self learning.
Private Sub CommandButton2_Enter() , is the only sub I am facing issues , so if I play the code i get the error on. Cells (xrow. 1) line.
I hope I am making sense here, please if you could help debug or fix the issue.

SDB
As I have tried to give some hints for You eg this below:
Hint 2: Excel has rules ~ like a grammar, how those codes should write.
If You skip those rules, then Excel won't understand You.
If Excel cannot understand You, then the result could be something else or ... it would give note, that something should modify.
If You want to modify others code, then do it a little by little until You know - what to do.

Seems You have copied & pasted & cleared some parts from You 'challenge' sub....
You could do visual check and compare ... what would be missing from right side?
Full codes - You can find from those files Yourself.
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.48.38.png
Screenshot 2020-07-02 at 18.45.51.png

Yes , I completely understand your say.
Something very silly I am missing there from those code which I am unable to figure out as you mentioned it could be grammar or rules.
are you saying that I need to put in full code under Private Sub CommandButton2_Enter() or modify the sub itself?

SDB
You should sit and start from the beginning ...
Use 'few' hours eg with
After that, You could have at least a little better understanding - what?

Your copy & paste & test -method works ... if You are doing same as original code!
You should learn to write - understand - read too.

Someone put that sheet with codes up there so that it will help others and learn. I understand you are trying to emphasize on copy and paste,
I did copy and paste because that sheet is serving the purpose and as new to VBA ,I learnt few things and did the modification as per my need. Sir currently I am asking for help cos I just started and it will take sometime for me to understand , read and write my own codes... Everyone needs time to learn. Currently given time constrain I am asking for help.

SDB
Did You really checked that link which I give?
... less that 48 minutes!
If You would like to learn something - then You should start to study!
It would take much more than those 48 minutes... much more.

@vletm I will figure out someway or the other...thank you for your comments . and yes it would take much more than 48minutues..now you can go on and taunt other users as I see you keep doing in other post who seek help.

Back