• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Search for a number, then copy to different sheet

dwrowe001

Hi Excel Gurus,
I am in need of assistance with coming up with either regular excel formulas or VBA Macro(s).
I’m average when it comes to formulating regular excel formulas.. like Countif and such.. but when it comes to trying to do the tricky things like searching a list for a number in a line/list of numbers in order by date, and copying that date and the associated string of numbers to a different location or sheet, well, that’s where I become lost.
And worse yet with VBA.
For example:
7/1/2020 8 11 21 39 50 1
7/2/2020 1 7 10 15 35 3
7/3/2020 12 16 24 41 60 4
7/4/2020 1 13 30 44 57 1
The strings of numbers would look like the above string… there are many strings of numbers in the list.
So, say I’m searching for all strings that start with the number 1, I need help with formula or macro that would find all strings of numbers starting with #1 and returning the date and the string on a different sheet.
in this case two strings would be copied to a different sheet.
I am uploading an example spread sheet, with more detailed instructions.
Thank you in advance… I really do appreciate your help with this.
Dave

Attachments

• Example 2.xlsx
    89.5 KB · Views: 10
As this forum is manned by volunteers working on their spare time ( for free), you should have somewhat more patience before cross-posting ( BTW please add a link as per forum rules).
This being said if you are in a hurry, there are pay sites out there most willing to oblige..

Back