1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

round robin assignment

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by sharath.rk, Mar 12, 2018.

1. sharath.rk

sharath.rk New Member

When tickets are assigned to Engg. they should be assigned in a circular fashion to the agents who are available in that group.

Eg: I have multiple queue. I want to use. Round-robin method equitably distributed

Let say I have2 queues for Tier3 and tier2. I have 2 engg in tier 3
    Now I want ticket to assigned to engg in tier 3 in roundrobin method

First ticket to first engg , Second to second engg and third INC first engg name again

And same method to be used in other groups as well. Any suggestion how can I achieve this?

this process is explained in this saleforce link. can this be achive in excel?
    https://www.shellblack.com/administration/create-a-round-robin-lead-or-case-assignment-rule/
  2. Chihiro

Chihiro Excel Ninja

I'd recommend uploading sample workbook set up with enough data to demonstrate your need. Without it we'd be guessing.

Typically I do this type of operation using code, if I had to do it in Excel. But others may have formula solution.
  3. NARAYANK991

NARAYANK991 Excel Ninja

Hi ,

This is a straightforward exercise ; use the formula :

=INDEX(List_of_Names, MOD((ROW(A1) -1), MIN(N,ROWS(List_of_Names)))+1)

where List_of_Names is a reference to a range where the names have been listed. N is a cell which has values from 2 through any number.

Thus , if you have 5 names , A , B , C , D and E , then with N = 3 , you will have an output :

A , B , C , A , B , C , A , B , C ,...

Putting N = 5 will result in an output of :

A , B , C , D , E , A , B , C , D , E , A , B , C , D , E ,...

Narayan