• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

REVISED HOURS CALCULATION

RSHA

Hi All, How are you?.. i fallow your excel site very much.. since it was very interesting and can be analysed easily..

Team, i need a small favor. need your time on solving excel formula.. I have attached the copy of my task with example..

Task is to calculate revised hours of a particular log in timings.. where i'm getting mad to get the result with excel formula.. This task involves many row. some times it may be in thousands of rows.. which takes much time to calculate manually... So could you please take some time to work on this do me needful.

Thanks
Rajsha

Attachments

• REVISED HOURS.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 4
RSHA
One sample ... not ready!
Those IN TIMEs and OUT TIMEs are NOT correct date & times ... those are texts
I use other date format ... then needs help column
Cell F13 OUT TIME cannot be correct ... if total hours are over 21 ... it gotta be next day!
Now, I show times as times hrs and minutes.
Where needs .. reversed hours?
So far, I didn't check 'overlappings'! With which 'header' should check?

Attachments

• REVISED HOURS.xlsx
    14.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi vletm, thanks for your response.. Yes, Cell F13 is going to next day.. if the date ranges with in the flag are not in sequence then the above formula gets disturbed.... the formula should work with in the specific flag range..

Thanks
Rajsha

RSHA
eg Cell F13 ... if there is incorrect values then the results can also be incorrect!
and that row has then two incorrect values OUT TIME and HOURS WORKED!

row 14 ... why 'zero'? Times do not overlap ...

There seems (too) many differences between 'my TIMEs' and H- and J-column values!

I don't see clear rules for many rows with 'needed' or 'should be' results!
Without those ... it's challenge.

Back