• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Return values from multiple selections based on staff name

YOLO

Folks

I need to develop a report that pre-populates staff competancies. Each criteria has multiple levels of skill and I want to return the highest skill. For example a chainsaw advanced is top level and chainsaw basic is lowest.
To assist this, I have ranked each qualification from top to lowest with #1 being top qualification.

So, what I'd like to see is
Joe Brown has 4 chainsaw qualifications as he progresses through life, but currently Chainsaw Intermediate is the highest he holds; so chainsaw intermediate should be returned in column I.
In the sample file attached the green rows show what I want to have returned in each column.

Note not all the competancies are in the 'all currencies' tab and I am hoping I can just copy and past the correct formula across.

I've tried a if and statement but cannot seem to link the email address, which is the identifier of each person, to the type of qualification and then the level of qualification.

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Chandoo sample.xlsx
    20.2 KB · Views: 13
Back