• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Return the end of a string

Kelli*

Hello,

Can you advise how I can return the end of a string i.e. UCH/SAWM/40239/NA/COORD the end of the string is that past the last / in this case it would be COORD

I've figured out that when I'm pushed for time, I can't think outside my usual day to day knowledge base.

I hope this improves from my perspective, thank you for your help!

Kelli

Attachments

• Chandoo Job Code.xlsx
    9.3 KB · Views: 3
Put in B2 and copied down
=TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(TRIM(A2),"/",REPT(" ",255)),255))
Sorry Azumi, that was the quick fix for me to get the report out but not sustainable long term.
The problem is that if column B is blank, it needs to look at the end of string in column A i.e. SS2.3 and look up the result in the Salary Grade tab, if column B contains data it needs to look at the Job Code tab and return that result.
I hope this makes sense to you! I've uploaded a new spreadsheet.
Thank you, Kelli

Attachments

• Chandoo Job Code.xlsx
    94.5 KB · Views: 4
Hi ,

See the attached file for the formula in column E.

Narayan
Hi Narayan, I've uploaded a new file and highlighted a couple of things. Using this formula it is only returning the correct results for the rows that have a Job listed in column B. The rows that don't have a Job in column B needs to look at the Salary Grade tab to lookup up the result i.e. SS2.3 should be OTHER and RN1.8 should be RN and EN1 should be EN/AIN as per column G.
Column C has the actual result required, I just can't string two formulas together.
kind regards,
Kelli

Attachments

• Chandoo Job Code data.xlsx
    102.1 KB · Views: 1
Back