• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove/hide legend key

LisaS

I want to remove or hide the legend key in my chart. (Legend key is the little square with the color indicator inside the legend.) As you can see in the pic, the legend key is completely unnecessary and redundant. I tried doing it VBA but all changes impacted the entire series, not just the legend key. Is my only option to hide them really just to draw a white box over them? Seems like there has to be a better way....

Thanks,
Lisa
Location_bars.PNG

LisaS, Why not hide legend all together and add category label?

Also if the colour has no meaning, do not use multiple colours.
View attachment 67428
Sorry for the late reply - I didn't get notified of your response. The chart is only one of several related charts on a page, and the colors in the chart correlate to colors in a different graph. The layout and colors and legend are exactly what I need them to be to suit the overall design, the only hiccup is the legend key.

LisaS
I also tested this ... and ...
Those legends can 'hide' ... if modify those bars colors transparent as well as borders. Not good!
... or create manually white text box over those legend keys.
Legends has those ... hiccuops.
You should try to change Your wants ...

Sorry for the late reply - I didn't get notified of your response. The chart is only one of several related charts on a page, and the colors in the chart correlate to colors in a different graph. The layout and colors and legend are exactly what I need them to be to suit the overall design, the only hiccup is the legend key.
Still, one can use labels over legend.... Colours remain the same.

Still, one can use labels over legend.... Colours remain the same.
Yes, but when I refresh the data set, the bars may move position. I don't want to have to be manually rearranging the category labels every time. The legend updates its position automatically.

As I said, everything is exactly how I want it except the legend key. It sounds like there's no way to fix that, so I will just go with my original solution of covering it with a white box.

LisaS, I think you don't get what I'm saying, and we might be talking next to each other, but again, whatever the changing order, the colour coding can remain the same.

Seems to me from the beginning, the legend key serves no purpose in your chart, you can use the axis or data labels and have the effect you are after.

Back