• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove cell highlight if value present

In a template I want to highlight selected cells yellow "to prompt" users to enter data into the cell at which point the highlight would then be removed.
Would this fall under conditional formatting? Everything I'm finding highlights the cell if data is present - I want to do the opposite. And how do I grab all the cells this rule would apply to or do I have to create a rule for each cell I want to use this for?

thanks in advance

In a template I want to highlight selected cells yellow "to prompt" users to enter data into the cell at which point the highlight would then be removed.
Would this fall under conditional formatting? Everything I'm finding highlights the cell if data is present - I want to do the opposite. And how do I grab all the cells this rule would apply to or do I have to create a rule for each cell I want to use this for?

thanks in advance

Typically rules can be made to apply to ranges, and this should fall into that category. However, @AlanSidman is correct in that these things are a lot easier to answer with a proper example file.

Hi ,

Conditional Formatting can only be applied if a cell has data in it ; if I assume that only blank cells can have data entered into them , and therefore only blank cells need to be highlighted , then CF is not possible.

VBA can still be used to colour the specified blank cells , and CF rules can be used to remove the colour when data is entered in those cells.

Narayan

Hi ,

Conditional Formatting can only be applied if a cell has data in it ; if I assume that only blank cells can have data entered into them , and therefore only blank cells need to be highlighted , then CF is not possible.

VBA can still be used to colour the specified blank cells , and CF rules can be used to remove the colour when data is entered in those cells.

Narayan

I may be missunderstanding, but I use CF all the time to highlight blank cells until data is entered

attached is the sample file. All highlighted cells are where I want the highlight to go away when data is entered. Note: Many of these cells will reference back to another worksheet in the workbook. I can remove that if needed but would prefer to have it in there.
Also, would it be possible to have cell S14 be conditionally formatted to where if the date entered is less than 30 days from K14, the cell is highlighted red, less than 45 days, orange and less than 60 days, green?

Attachments

• Fabrication Order Form_rev2.xlsb
    597.3 KB · Views: 5
Back