• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Remove all authors name from Excel

navic

It is common knowledge that with SaveAs in the window you have the option to enter the author before saving the Workbook.
Just type in one letter and Excel will list all the authors that begin with the letter (for all the files you once ran).

How to remove all these author names in Excel? Is that possible?
Please help with explane or some web-link to instructions.

Attachments

• remove-authors.png
    remove-authors.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 12

@Marc L
I apologize for the wrong choice of the forum group.
Please someone from a moderator, if he can move the thread in the relevant group of the forum.

navic
As You use cross-posting.
Please reread Forum rules There are some steps which You should follow!

> case Author >
Have You read this?

Hi @vletm
Where did I go wrong?

This is part of the rule.
If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
I did it.
Subsequently, I posted the links because this thread is "cross-post" now (so, after opened thread here).
What is my mistake?

> case Author >
Have You read this?
I did read that tutorial, but it didn't help me solve it.

navic
There are many sentences ... as well as below ... of Your notice part ...
Also if you have cross-posted and get an answer elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the answer here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

I understand you now.
I intended, when I get an answer and solve my problem, to share this solution with the members of this forum.
But, I haven't solved the problem yet. :(

navic
As that blue text above ... You got answer ... You post the answers here ... no matter, have You solved something or not.

You got answer ... You post the answers here ... no matter, have You solved something or not
I don't understand you now. :(
Do you wanna tell, should I copy all the answers (posts) from other forums here (which I received in response, though not the solution)?
(I apologize, but English is not my native language).

navic
For me,
If I notice that You cross-post Your thread and
I would have idea for You challenge,
I would like to know what else others has given 'even ideas' for You.
Then I won't try to offer something same for You.
You should be active to give information back too - not only waiting solutions from many places.

As there has also written:
Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
If You're such hurry thread, that You would need a solution at once, then You should hire someone to solve it.

For me
Ok, I get it.
You want me to copy every post here (from other forums) so that ideas are not duplicated. (Meaning I should do the same in other forums.) I thought it was enough to set up a cross-link. I apologize for the mistake.

It's been 6 days since I wrote the first thread here. I don't know how many days are set between the two opening threads. Do I have to wait a month or more for me to ask the same question in another forum?
In the future, I'll have that in my mind.
Thanks for the education.
Once again I apologize to all members of the forum.
With respect.

Hi All

The rules here are simple:

1. Cross Posting isn't recomended for a number of reasons, mostly is that it can waste a lot of time, eg: I don't look at any other Excel forums so I may spend time answering a problem that is already answered elsewhere; hence pt 2 & 3; this is time that I could spend on some one else's problem
2. If you do cross post please inform people in the original post; &
3. When you get a solution, anywhere, please post the answer so that as other readers may learn from that answer

I have removed 5 posts from view as they added nothing to this problem

Please use Conversations for off-line chats, not posts in the public domain.

Thanx

I had a B.S.O.D on my computer.
After reinstalling the system, I returned several Excel files to the "MyDocuments" folder.
The 'Windows Index Search Engine' indexed these few files and the author names appeared in the list.

Conclusion:
This meta data of all author names is in 'Windows Index Search Engine'
path: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Windows.edb"

Problem SOLVED.

Back