• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Referred File Query

Hello dear friends good morning, I want to make an appointment, today, early browsing the forums of excel, looking for information about translating formulas from English to Spanish, I found in the following link

https://www.excel-downloads.com/attachments/fonctionafficheformule2-xls.66651/

Tabeau d'équivalence formules Excel -> fonctions VBA

a file proposed by Jacques Boisgontier, but that is to translating formulas from English to French, and from French to English.

I want to know if you can do something similar but to translate from English to Spanish and vice versa. I will be grateful if you will tell me how the solution would be
Thanks in advance for the attention
Regards

P.D: I have Excel 2016 in Spanish

Sorry omitted file

Attachments

• FonctionAfficheFormule2.xls
    24 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Narayan,
Thank you very much, I have already reviewed them, but what happens is that in the first link, "piuha" translates function by function, in a formula you would have to be looking for one by one. In the case of the second, "excel translator", it is necessary to have internet, it is online, there is no file that can be downloaded from that, so I thought it more feasible for what provides more facilities, hand, would be a UDF.
Thanks for the attention, if we have more luck
Regards

Hi ,

The file whose link you have posted , contains just one line of code for each UDF ; this line of code makes use of the FormulaLocal method to get the formula translated into the local language of the Excel version.

Thus , if we take a simple formula such as :

=SUM(J2:J17)

entered in cell A2 , and in cell B2 you entered the same UDF :

=AfficheFormuleFrancais(A2)

then , cell B2 would display the Spanish version of the above formula , since you have the Spanish version of Excel.

Narayan

Narayan, thank you very much, unfortunately does not give the suggested result. Note in the attached file in Feuil2, that for both cases results in the formula in English, which I had requested to translate into Spanish.
Thanks for the attention, I hope you have another suggestion
Regards

Attachments

• FonctionAfficheFormule2 (jb).xlsm
    18.9 KB · Views: 1
Hi ,

Cell A2 is supposed to have the formula , as a formula , as in :

=SUM(G1:G26)

and not as a text string , as in :

'=SUM(G1:G26)

with an apostrophe (highlighted in red) , prefixing the formula.

I cannot do any troubleshooting at my end , since I have the English version of Excel.

What you can do is , place the cursor in cell A2 , and in the Immediate window , type in the following , and see what is displayed :

?ActiveCell.Formula

?ActiveCell.FormulaLocal

The first command should see the formula displayed in English , while the second command should see the formula displayed in Spanish , since you have the Spanish version of Excel.

Narayan

Narayan, Good morning, thank you for your prompt reply. The truth is I do not know where the error is, or what is happening. I send you 2 images so you can see the results.
My excel does not allow me to translate formulas from English to Spanish, even in the event that I record the file with the English formulas, close it, and then reopen it, the formulas continue to appear in English.

What do you think the problem is, any suggestions

Greetings Jorge

Attachments

• 2017-09-18_Spanish.png
    2017-09-18_Spanish.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 2017-09-18_English.png
    2017-09-18_English.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 1
Hi !

Every Excel local version does not need to translate from english
to its language (aka spanish, french, …) formula ‼

For an obvious reason : every local version (whatever the language)
stays in english inside (formulas & VBA) …

As yet written by Narayan, in VBE side (Alt F11), open the immediate
window (Ctrl G) and write the english formula like this :
[C1].formula="english formula here" and valid by Enter key.

Go back to worksheet (Alt F11 as a toggle) and check formula in C1 cell :
the formula was automatically translated in your local version !​

VBEnativeFormula.gif

Hi ,

The issue of language is a combination of Excel Options and Windows.

What is the language in your Windows version ? Is it only English , only Spanish or are both English and Spanish present as languages ? Which is the default language ?

The same is applicable to your Excel version , where you can have one or more editing languages , and one or more display languages ; all this is available in Excel Options.

Can you check ?

Narayan

Hi !

Every Excel local version does not need to translate from english
to its language (aka spanish, french, …) formula ‼

For an obvious reason : every local version (whatever the language)
stays in english inside (formulas & VBA) …

As yet written by Narayan, in VBE side (Alt F11), open the immediate
window (Ctrl G) and write the english formula like this :
[C1].formula="english formula here" and valid by Enter key.

Go back to worksheet (Alt F11 as a toggle) and check formula in C1 cell :
the formula was automatically translated in your local version !​

VBEnativeFormula.gif

Thank you Marc L, it worked out perfect.
Regards Jorge

Hi ,

The issue of language is a combination of Excel Options and Windows.

What is the language in your Windows version ? Is it only English , only Spanish or are both English and Spanish present as languages ? Which is the default language ?

The same is applicable to your Excel version , where you can have one or more editing languages , and one or more display languages ; all this is available in Excel Options.

Can you check ?

Narayan

It's Windows 10, and Excel is 2016 (from 365), both are only Spanish.
Excel your language is set as the Windows default, ie it is Spanish
Greetings Jorge

Back