• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Redistributing Percentages based on Actual Values

Hi everyone! I realize that I may not be using the correct verbiage to describe what I need, so I hope it is clear. In a nutshell, I am looking for a simpler formula that will redistribute remaining percentages after factoring in the actual percentage of a value. For instance, I have a forecast number 1,575, and I have a set of percentages adding to 100% which shows distribution over 12 months; when actual monthly values are added, invariably changing the percentage for that month, I need the remaining percentages to update to still total 100% across all 12 months and keep the number 1,575. I've attached one row from a huge spreadsheet that shows the formula that is currently being used (cell Y6 - formula text showing in F2 on the forecast tab); I consider myself an advanced excel user, but I still can't wrap my head this one. I'm hoping to use some dynamic array formulas to simplify this, but I am not sure if it can be simplified. This formula predates me at my firm, and I've been here going on 13 years. Thanks so much for any assistance anyone can provide!

Attachments

• percentage dist.xlsx
    230.9 KB · Views: 3
Back