• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Read excel data row by row & print a report templates

I want to print the report as per the template sheet using the data in data sheet in the attached file. The data for cells marked yellow to be picked up from the data sheet. Report should print automatically all records in the data sheet asset no wise. How to do it in excel .The fields needs to to wrapped to be fitted. Please suugest a way to do it.

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    15.4 KB · Views: 5
REENA GUPTA
You opened this thread in 'Ask an Excel Question'
... then You can print out those datas manually row-by-row by selecting data!A1-cell value.

You're using different terms in those sheets >> some data should guess .. or of course, You know all of those.
I made some sample formulas to show how to get 'known' data to template-sheet.
You can continue as those as well as do Your needed settings.

Attachments

• Book1 (1).xlsx
    17.5 KB · Views: 3
Hi Thanks for your response. But I don't want to do it manually as it would be very time consuming. I want it to print automatically as there are approximately 1000 rows( assets ).

Last edited by a moderator:
REENA GUPTA
Did You read my reply's the 1st sentence?
Have You read Forum Rules?

Did You read: You're using different terms in those sheets >> some data should guess .. or of course, You know all of those.
Could You do something instead of 'want'?

Hi Ninja

I am really sorry , I am still unable to understand where I am wrong. I shall be grateful if you could elaborate the mistake I am doing.
May be I am not able to explain properly my problem if what you mean is that all the fields are not in the data sheet. Let me put it as below:

1) This is a asset register & I have to take signatures of all the users. So the other fields in the template are not required as these have to be filled manually by hand as and when required. That is why I had mentioned in my post that only the data for cells marked yellow to be picked up from the data sheet.
2) Want to print the report automatically as the data in the attached file is only the sample data . It has approx 1000+ records in the actual data sheet which I have to print Asset wise.

The solution you had provided definitely is a good one & I have learned the Index formula but I would be grateful if some automatic solution can be advised to my problem.
Once again I apologize for not able to explain my problem properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
REENA GUPTA
In the beginning, You asked to solve this as 'Ask an Excel Question' - I gave You an option.
Now, You've changed this to solve by Macro. ( As written in Forum Rules - post to correct Forum ).

You have not uses same terms ( = words) with both Your sheets - only You could know which is which - I gotta guess! ( ref to my blue reply )
If there are wrong guesses then You can modify that code.

Automatic ... Press [ Print ]-button, top-right-corner

I don't modify Your sheets.

Attachments

• Book2.xlsb
    22.7 KB · Views: 9
Thanks a lot Ninja ! Great solution ! :) . Though I do not have much knowledge of coding but still I have understood .
I once again apologize for not posting in the correct Forum . Next time this will not happen. With your help I am able to enhance my knowledge. Your solution is great help to me ! :)

Back