• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Re: Conditional formatting in Vacation Tracker Dashboard

Martin H Tayler

Hello,
I'm a retired data analyst who likes to dabble in writing code to keep my mind active! Love the dashboards and the other information that Chandoo has provided for free. Thank You. In future I will use your site as a great reference source and perhaps participate in some of the classes.....if I get some time.

My question relates to the modification of the Vacation Tracker Dashboard, particularly with the conditional formatting for colouration of leave types. A simple question given that I understand all of the functions for the rest of the dashboard after playing around with it. In this regard I have added many other leave types in the defined table and altered the display so it shows the new types of leave on the dashboard with the leave type name and the colour I have chosen.

However, when I added the formula =G13=5 and the range =$G$13:$CT$62 with the appropriate colour it does not display in the grid, so I guess the formula is wrong.

I have been wracking my brain to what I am doing wrong but can't get a solution so could someone please enlighten me!

Thank you.

Hi ,

The formula may or may not be wrong ; it will be clear if you can upload your workbook.

CF rules are executed from top to bottom , from the first rule till the last , and it is the last executed rule which decides the formatting.

As far as possible , CF rules should be framed so that they are mutually exclusive , and if this is not the case , then one rule which is satisfied later on in the chain may overrule another rule which was satisfied earlier on.

Another option would be to use the Stop If True feature judiciously.

Narayan

Martin

Firstly, Welcome to the Chandoo.org Forums

It may also be worth checking that one of the previous Conditional Format lines is stopping it getting to your line

eg: In this mockup you can see the two triggers that cause it not to get to the second CF
upload_2016-10-25_16-28-4.png

You can fix this by changing the order of the CF's or fixing the logic or Untick Stop if True

Back