• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

R or Minitab !! (are they better than Excel Analytical Tool Pack??)

I frequently use for Analytics..

• R

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Minitab

• SAS

• Total voters

Debraj

Excel Ninja
I am planning to learn some analytical skill.. :oops:(frankly speaking.. my company wants/forcing me to go for it.. :( )
Although, in term of regression, co-relation, histogram.. i give them better output than my colleagues having knowledge of R / Minitab.. still.. if any one here from Statistical field, can you please suggest me (from personal experience) ..
* Do i need to go for learn new software/language??:eek: :rolleyes:

your suggestion is really valuable, as its directly proportional to my appraisal.. :DD

@deb

bhai moro idea re tume nuva subject jani golle kano osubidha jaha helle be setha tumo pain bhollona
(Bro what is the problem if you learn the new subject i think it is best for you)

Thanks

SP

Debraj

Excel is fine for basic modelling where your data fits a Lineal, Normal, LogNormal or Exponential distributions

Where the other packages excel is in being able to supply many more model distribution types as well as model distributions based on your data, a task that is difficult within Excel.

They also have a huge range of other statistical measures built in, most of which unless you are a statistician you will rarely need in basic analysis work

HI, Debraj (ex-Roy)!
So they finally discovered it... I always told you about that... It'll arrive the day when your boss realizes that you don't work... :p
Regards!
PS: Remember Mark Twain's quote "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."

@Hui
thanks for your comment. Yes.. I am in the basic phase in Statistic.. Just completed my Green Belt Six Sigma, and few basic data modelling and analysis.

To enhance my career, I decided to start using Minitab.. hope it will able to make some place in my heart..

@sgmpatnaik
Tumi jaha bhi kahucho.. "kichi nua sikhiba sabu bale bhalo hue" :)
(I agree, Learning new things is always great..

@ThrottleWorks : Hey man.. thanks for the wish.. I really need it..
coz, Appraisal never depends on ABILITY.. its always depends on LUCK... :) :)

@ myBoss..
I finally discovered the man, who spreading those rumour..
and just want to inform you.. I have placed a poster in our Office gate that..
"Trespasser and anyone with Green Hat with belt and a funny stick are not allowed "...
:mad::mad:

Back