• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Quick coding question?

I have the following code set to give an error message one time if the following requirements are met, however, I forgot that I need to include that this need only run if field F5 is equal to 2. Can someone tell me how I would include that without breaking the rest of my code?

Code:
Private Sub ProjNumbrReq()
'If there is a value greater than 0 in U for this row, and column n for this row
'is blank, and employee has been selected, then show an error message that a project number must be entered or no
'reimbursement will be given.

Static alreadyPrompted As Boolean

Dim myCell As Range

For Each myCell In .Range("U15:U45")
            If myCell.Value > 0 And .Cells(myCell.row, "N") = "" Then
                MsgBox "Project Number must be provided on each line where reimbursement is being claimed.", vbCritical, "Important:"
                Exit Sub

End If
      Next myCell

End With
End Sub

Private Sub ProjNumbrReq()
'If there is a value greater than 0 in U for this row, and column n for this row
'is blank, and employee has been selected, then show an error message that a project number must be entered or no
'reimbursement will be given.

Static alreadyPrompted As Boolean

Dim myCell As Range

MsgBox "Project Number must be provided on each line where reimbursement is being claimed.", vbCritical, "Important:"
                Exit Sub

End If
      Next myCell

End With
End Sub

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ,

The procedure ProjNumbrReq is using the dot notation in the lines of code :
Code:

But there is no With clause anywhere in your code ; how is this even working ?

Anyway , if you are calling this procedure from somewhere else , and if the worksheet which contains cell F5 is already open , and you have used a With clause there , you can use :

Code:
If .Range("F5") = 2 Then Call ProjNumbrReq

Narayan

Back