• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Question on Automatic Rolling Months Post

maradykstra

I loved today's post b/c I have been trying to see if I can do a rolling 12 automatically. I maintain a dashboard that is a rolling 12. Currently, when I need to add the new month, I create a new tab, I insert my column and add that new month and I also drop the first month since it's rolling 12 (I do that process all the time when it's a new month since it's a rolling 12). I did the automatic rolling months but when the months changed, I actually need the new month's column to be empty so I can add my new data for that month. All my data remains the same except for that new month I add. I hope that makes sense.

How can I do what I need to do with the automatic rolling months? Thanks for your help!

JaElle

What you should try and do is setup a dashboard that allows you to enter a Date once

The top row of your report will then setup a 12 month list as discussed in the post.

Your data can then be sourced from the relevent months tabs using the indirect formula as required

So if your Monthly Sheets are called May, June etc

and your Titles are 1/5/2010, 1/6/2010 etc although they may be formated as May 10, Jun 10 etc

you can use somthing like

=INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(TEXT(F1,"mmmm"),"!A10"))

which will get the value of the Cell A10 on the sheet named whatever is in cell F1

or

=Sum(INDIRECT(CONCATENATE(TEXT(F1,"mmmm"),"!A10:A20"))

which will Sum the values of the Cell A10:A20 on the sheet named whatever is in cell F1

etc

Back