• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Query: Add to Data Model

vinit_v

Hi All
I've created some Pivots in Excel 2016 (Office Home & Student 2016)using the option under Insert PIvots - 'Add this to Data Model' in order to get Medians and values such as product/division, within pivot tables. I intend to share the file with more users outside my organization. I wish to know will this feature of Pivots- 'Add this to Data Model', show and work perfectly in versions of excel other mine. Will it work perfectly in all lower/higher versions of excel or will users need to enable 'Add this to Data Model' , in their excel versions. If yes how they can do so in different versions of excel?
I will appreciate a genuine response
Vinit

Data model = PowerPivot, which is around since Excel 2010 as an add-on. In later versions PP became part of the standard pack.
However, with newer Excel versions newer PP environment have been implemented. You can convert an old PP to a newer one but not vice versa. Meaning opening a PP made in Excel 2016 in Excel 2010 won't work.
Note everbody can see the pivots, but they can't do any changed, slicers won't work and so on.
If you look for interactivity it is best to make legacy pivots and add some formulas to guarantee compatibility. Also here using functions that exist in previous versions.

Back