• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Putting a colour in each row?

Hi Folks,
I have a row that contains in A1 SUN and in A2 Sand. This is repeated down the row. I want the Cell that Sun is in to be blue and Sand to be red. I have tried conditional formatting but all I can do is colour every other row. Does anybody know how to solve it? I am using 2019
Thanks, Noel

Hi ,

The reference in the Conditional Formatting formula has to be relative , and it has to be the top left cell in the range.

Thus , if your data range is J17:M33 , select this range first.

In the CF formula box , enter the formula =J17 = "Sun" , and select the desired color.

Add a second rule , and in the CF formula box , enter the formula =J17 = "Sand" , and select the desired color.

That is all.

Narayan

Reading your instructions it seems that I have to run two rules to get the desired result, is it possible to run it with one rule?

Hi ,

If there are no blank cells in your range , you can select the entire data range and format it for a particular color.

Then have only one CF rule for the second color.

You cannot have two colors with only one CF rule.

If you want to have both colors using CF rules , then you need two CF rules , one for each color.

Narayan

Hi ,

On the Home tab , click on the Conditional Formatting button and select New Rule.

Click on the last option : Use a formula to determine which cells to format.

The formula entry box will be displayed beneath the label : Format values where this formula is true:

Narayan

Back