• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pulling Data From Dates

Hi

I have attached a workbook that I need help in creating 3 separate formulae.

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Pulling Data.xlsx
    12.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi Nebu

Thank you for this. One of the rule is not working.

If there is a number greater than zero in column H, and I put a number for example 1 in column R, it would start 1 month later, so in this case for ID 131 it would be month 4

It is currently month 3, but there is a benefit lag of 1 month, so it will start in April. The formulae for start month should pick this up.

Could you kindly assist.

Well, the criteria you have given in spread sheet and the criteria you are giving now id totally different. Clearly explain the logic behind what you are looking for to get a solution.

Hi Nebu

I apologise if my explanation was not clear initially.

Rule 1 - you have done to perfection if there is no data in column H

Rule 2 needs a little amendment.

If there is a number greater than zero in column H and I put a number in column R for that row. In this example H3 has a number greater than zero which is 2. Cell R3 has a number 1 - it means that you will increase the start month by 1 month.

Currently month 1 is April, it will start at month 2

You do not need to move the numbers in the months just ths start date.

I hope this is clear.

Thanks for all your help.

Hi:

I am not still clear,
I believe the current formula is doing what you have asked for , April is month 1 for 131, since there is a number greater than 0 in column H the formula makes the month to 2 in this instance, I am adding column R to this to happen. However, if the monthly increment is going to be 1 if there is a value greater than 0 in column H you can hard code it as 1 in the formula.

Thanks

Cross posted

• Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.

Back