• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Profit-and-Loss option form

For stock option trading there is a chart called a "Profit-and-Loss" form. I would like to create a template in xl and use during my analysis.

The form consists of vertical scale and horizontal scale. The vert scale (y-axis) is left justified and starting from the bottom and working to the top would have increments of -10, -5, 0, +5, +10. The horiz scale (x-axis) would extend from the 0 increment to the right as a solid horiz line. This horiz line would be divided evenly into 6-8 sections.

For the horiz line the major lines would be the evenly divided sections. This would form a grid. I would also like to subdivide these lines for better accuracy. I would like to have the major lines displayed as dark lines and the minor lines displayed as a lighter line when I print the form.

+10 |----------------------- <== these are the major lines

|

+5 |-----------------------

|

0 |--|--|--|--|--|--|--|--| <== I want to extend these increments to form the grid.

|

-5 |-----------------------

| <== can I add vert lines that will print lighter?

-10 |-----------------------

Any ideas on this? Is there something in xl that is close to this that I could use.

I'm trying to come up with a form that looks nice but can't seem to pull it together.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake

You have a number of options, but it depends on the final requirement.

Are you going to use it for manual charting or recording no.s?

1. Gridlines

You can use Gridlines on cells, to make whatever tabkles you want.

There are half a dozen different thicknesses and double lines as well as colors to choose from. Seelct the cells you want to put a line on and Right Click, Format Cells, Select Border and set your options. You can change your Row heights and Column thickness to suit.

2. Chart

You can setup a Chart and then delete the Data and Axis labels if you don't want them.

Charts can have Bold Lines every 10 and thinner lines every 2 if that what you want.

Both options can be annotated or labelled to suit.

The first option allows you to use cell colors to shade the backgrounds of individual cells.

Back