• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Productivity Picto graph

Debraj

Excel Ninja
Hi Team.

Lets say, I need to demonstrate Productivity of a member.
* In Jan-13, he was working on approx 5 reports, and he is taking avg 7 hour to complete all the reports.

So, I have his, # of Report and Total time taken.
As his experience increase, Now he is working on approx 8 reports, but he is still taking 7 hour to complete the same. Productivity Increase.

In a month, he is working on some new 5 reports, and taking approx 9 hour to complete the reports.

How can i display, his productivity, so that, Viewer can view his
  • # of report he is working per month.
  • Total time taken month by month
  • and a silent graph, to display his productivity Increased / decreased.
assuming, all reports are of same priorities, and client dont even bother, about critical or time-consuming behaviour of any reports..

Any idea to display the same in visual.. will be appreciated..

Attachments

• Productivity Graph.xlsx
    8.9 KB · Views: 12
Hi Deb / Misra ,

My comments , for what they are worth , are :

1. Productivity is an absolute measure , in the sense that it does not need any other measure to be shown alongside it ; thus if you have a situation of a person working 7 hours to complete 5 reports , and another working 10 hours to complete 10 reports , the productivity of the second person is clearly higher , and the productivity figure does not need the other figures of the number of reports and the number of hours taken.

2. Misra's chart has 3 measures , in which 2 measures are directly linked , while the productivity figure is the standalone measure ; in such a case , I think the 2 linked measures should have the same chart type , while the standalone measure can have a different type.

Here it is probably certain that as the number of reports increases , the number of total hours taken will also increase ; thus these two measures can probably be bars , on the same scale ; the productivity figure is a ratio of the above two figures , and can be shown through a different chart type , possibly a line chart.

I would suggest to Deb that the whole exercise might become more meaningful , if you could include any other measure of how difficult each report was , so that 2 reports of high difficulty might be on par with 5 reports of very little difficulty.

Narayan

Hi Mishra,

I appreciate, and I also agree, that "Make your graph as simple as possible, but not simpler" :)
Thanks for the Idea.. using your idea, I finally end up with this..

PictoGraph.PNG

Hi Narayan!

Thanks for your input, But at the same PPT, I also have to populate No Of reports by individual FTE, and their Production Hour. also need to distribute No Of actual reports per FTE with comparison of Billed FTE.

btw, its lil bit more complicated in the actual data.. I will re-produce and if possible I will share with you personally.. for more remarks.. Thanks again Narayan..

Back