• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Product flow in and out

Busymanjohn

Hi guys, I have a query with some data from a colleague and I can't seem to find a solution. There is a sample file attached. Basically, there is a set of data that shows product being transferred into an area and a few days or so later that material being transferred back out ( positive qty means transferred in, negative qty is transferred back out ). The attached file shows ( All tab ) the data set and the subsequent outcomes in the other tabs ( In, Out, Remainder ) .... In the All tab there is some data highlighted, this is the data that has been transferred into the area, but has not been transferred back out ( due to incomplete work etc ), what we are looking to establish is of the product transferred in, what is still to be transferred out ( or completed ). It would be great if there is a way to do this within the All tab, rather than having to split the data into different worksheets.

Attachments

• Sample 2.xlsx
    11.6 KB · Views: 6
In the attached file I've added a bog standard pivot table at cell I1 of the All sheet. The Part Name column is filtered for those which have a Sum of Quantity value greater than 0.
If you were to clear that filter you would see many zeroes which show where product in balances product out.
The only problem is that this does not show dates - it ignores dates in the source table. Having said that, in your actual example there are 3 Cherry Pipped in and only one out, so which two of the three possible dates would you want to show as remaining in? I'm guessing first in, first out. Do dates really matter?

Attachments

• Chandoo34375Sample.xlsx
    15.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hi p45cal,,, this worked for what I need ,, no need to worry about dates at this stage, I use the dates to calculate how many days product has been in the area from current date, I can do that separately. Thanks again, much appreciated.

Back