• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Problem with the Pivot Table/urgent.

GN0001

I have a table and I want to indsert a pivot table. It doesn't show the field header and it shows the range of values and so I can't use its functionality of pivot table, what is the problem?

guity

Admittedly, I am having trouble understanding your question. To use a PivotTable, every column in your data table needs to have a Header, and they all need to be unique.

and the Range you select for the Pivot Table has to include the Header Row

Luke & Hui,

Yes, I got that, since some of the columns didn't have a header, so I couldn't create the pivot table.

Now, is it better to insert pivot table chart or copy and paste value of the data table created by the pivot table and insert a chart for that table from the menu?

Thank you for the answer and help.

Guity

Depends. If you're wanting a quick, somewhat dynamic chart, a PivotChart may be the way to go. Downside is that the formatting will be lost each time you change the pivot settings, and you can't do as many combination "tricks" (which may or may not be needed). Copy the table out and changing to values lets you have more control of what the chart can do/look like, but it takes more work to make it dynamic. Which feature is more important to you?

Back