• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Problem with printing a workbook

estillbham

I am using Excel 2007 on Windows XP.

I have set up a billing template for my cases (I'm an attorney). Sheet 1 is the summary of the bill; sheet 2 is the receipts from the client since the last bill; sheet 3 is the time I spent on the case; and sheet 4 is the expenses. Formulas on the summary sheet add up the various items from the other sheets. Sheet 1 is portrait; the others are landscape.

After I save the completed template to the folder of the particular client, I print the "Entire Workbook" to Adobe, and then email the PDF to the client. Sometimes when I print the Entire Workbook (usually the first bill I print on a particular day), Sheet 1 prints and immediately Sheets 2-4 print to a separate document (with the same name, so I have to change it). When I print the next bill, it prints all 4 pages to one PDF document. (Today, when I was thinking about writing to this forum, the first bill printed flawlessly.)

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this problem?

Ed

Estillbham

Make sure that the Print Settings are the same on each page

That is the Headers and Footers are the same on each page as well as the Print Quality, Page Size, Margins etc

Hui,

Since the first page has a portrait orientation, and the remaining pages have landscape orientation, of course the Print Settings will be different.

But why does that make a difference one time out of, say, ten?

Ed

Could there be an error with your "printer" (whatever program you are using to create the PDF)?

Luke,

I use the Adobe PDF "printer." Looking at its Properties, I don't see any setting that should cause a failure on the first print job of the day. But perhaps I should post a question on the Adobe board.

Ed

and also make sure the page size and print quality in Excel matches the print resolution and page size in Adobe settings

Back