• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Problem with multiple conditions

neyaz

Dear All,
The function not working kindly help.
LimitDays
10,00,000.00120IF(A3<2500000,IF(B2<=90,"Personal Visits",IF(AND(B2>90,B2<121),"Increase Frequency of personal visits",IF(AND(B2>120,B2<181),"Issue Registered Recall Notices",IF(AND(B2>180),"Initiate Legal Suit",0))))),IF(A3>2500000,IF(B2<=90,"Personal Visits",IF(AND(B2>90,B2<121),"Issue Registered Recall Notices",IF(B2>120,"Initiate Legal Suit",0))))

In the attached two lookup ranges were created ( i used initials being too lazy, you can replace them with the entire text)
Solutions with yellow background

Attachments

• Book1(4).xlsx
    9.6 KB · Views: 6
The first problem is simply the choice of approach using nested IFS; I am in full agreement with @pecoflyer that a lookup is preferable. An IF may be simple but too many is a recipe for complexity and error. In this case the first error is that the batch of IFs were closed out with too many (closing) parentheses and, also, the test on the limit did not allow for equality.
In my workbook I had limited the solution to a single LOOKUP by providing alternative threshold timings.

Attachments

• Book1 (11).xlsx
    10.5 KB · Views: 6
Back