• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

problem when I try to add a new row or delete a row it's case error

MAgicgood

I trying to make a project to my work but I stuck now with Vb for like a week every time I fix a problem I faced a new one until now I face a problem I can't solve it I will attach the file and the problem when I try to add a new row or delete a row it's case error
any help will be more than appropriation

Attachments

• S.Tawfik.xlsm
    33.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
According to forum rules below first edit your post in order to modify your title with relevant words according to your issue, thanks.​

According to forum rules below first edit your post in order to modify your title with relevant words according to your issue, thanks.​
that i can edit my post one time only because i want to writ that it cross post but cant find edit anymore

Sorry for across post i learned the lesson and i will only from now on post any questions only here in this respect site thank you for your support

Hi ,

What is the error ?

Can you post a screenshot and explain the sequence of actions which generates the error ?

Narayan
when i try to delete range of cells i get this error
thank you very much

Attachments

• Ex 1.png
    Ex 1.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 8
  • ex 2.png
    ex 2.png
    28 KB · Views: 7
Hi ,

The error you have highlighted is in the code which is sending an email. I have not looked into this code at all.

Can you do the following ?

When the error is displayed , click on the Debug button ; execution of the code will be paused , and you can examine the variables in the code.

In the Immediate window , type the following and see what is displayed :

?Target.Offset(0 , -3).Address

Can you post here what is displayed ?

Narayan

Hi ,

The error you have highlighted is in the code which is sending an email. I have not looked into this code at all.

Can you do the following ?

When the error is displayed , click on the Debug button ; execution of the code will be paused , and you can examine the variables in the code.

In the Immediate window , type the following and see what is displayed :

?Target.Offset(0 , -3).Address

Can you post here what is displayed ?

Narayan
first i'm really appreciate your replay very much i was no expected to have any replay . thank you

Attachments

• ex 3.png
    ex 3.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 4
when i try to delete range of cells i get this error
thank you very much
Hi ,

The problem is that the range of cells you are deleting is $C$7:$I$19.

Within the code , the reference is to the following :

Target.Offset(0, -3).Value

This means the code is trying to reference a column which is 3 columns away from column C , this is an invalid reference , since :

Target.Offset(0, -1) will reference the range $B$7:$H$19

Target.Offset(0, -2)
will reference the range $A$7:$G$19

Narayan

Hi ,

The problem is that the range of cells you are deleting is $C$7:$I$19.

Within the code , the reference is to the following :

Target.Offset(0, -3).Value

This means the code is trying to reference a column which is 3 columns away from column C , this is an invalid reference , since :

Target.Offset(0, -1) will reference the range $B$7:$H$19

Target.Offset(0, -2)
will reference the range $A$7:$G$19

Narayan
sorry but i didn't get this . can you help me to fix this please the problem now when i try to deleting range or row get an error and really i try every thing

Attachments

• S.Tawfik - Copy.xlsm
    34.8 KB · Views: 1
Hi ,

Unless you explain your requirement , nothing can be done.

Please explain what you want to do ; going through someone else's code and rectifying errors is no guarantee that your requirements will be met.

Narayan

what i want the code to do

1 when i write any thing in any cell E then its automatically write in Cell G "In Progress "

2 - when i select any name from drop down list in cell H create email and send it with some selected cells to the name i already select in cell H

3- when i push the button that i make and connect it to vb add a new row with all formatting in above of the selected cell or row

4 - fit zoom every time i open the file to be 100%

the problem now when i try to deleting range or row get an error and really i try every thing

what i want the code to do

1 when i write any thing in any cell E then its automatically write in Cell G "In Progress "

2 - when i select any name from drop down list in cell H create email and send it with some selected cells to the name i already select in cell H

3- when i push the button that i make and connect it to vb add a new row with all formatting in above of the selected cell or row

4 - fit zoom every time i open the file to be 100%

the problem now when i try to deleting range or row get an error and really i try every thing
Hi ,

Deleting a row does not figure in points 1 through 4.

Why are you deleting a row ?

Narayan

Back