• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

prefix 91 before mobile numbers

reachkiran03

Sir, I have stored mobile numbers as 9980012780 like this i have stored around 500. Now i would like to prefix 91 before all the mobile numbers tat i have stored in Excel at one go how to do it at one go. Please help me by giving some suggestions. Thanks in advance Kiran

Two methods:

Use a concatenate formula, copied down, then do Copy - Paste Special Values.

=VALUE(91&A2)

Or, input this into a cell

91E10

Copy it, select the range of cells with numbers already in them, and do Paste Special, Add.

Sir, I have stored mobile numbers as 9980012780 like this i have stored around 500. Now i would like to prefix 91 before all the mobile numbers tat i have stored in Excel at one go how to do it at one go. Please help me by giving some suggestions. Thanks in advance Kiran,

I am not able top do it is there any other method.

Kiran,

Did you mean to duplicate your post?

Saying "I am not able top do it" is not very helpful. Can you explain what went wrong? Do you not understand how to do the solution?

="91"&A2

Copy down

Select Column B

Copy and Paste Values over itself

I tried this function this i was able to do. Sir Thanks for your reply i will try your method also after some time. As of now i am going outside. Kiran

Back