• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Predicting & seeing patterns in random 100 coin flips. Can you get 75% right always?

Harry0

I am showing basic and don't have all odds but you see a pattern when you flip a coin 100 times. This is a basic example and I am thinking fo showing more if others are interested with higher number and more numbers which gets more complicated and it needs new types of formulas. Maybe later show the odds of dice to have 6 numbers, roulette to have 32, or even Lotto to have pick 2 or more numbers which I do not have it in a presentable way since it is a bit complex... for at least me. It is a bit hard to focus and put it down since it feels overwhelming when dealing with higher numbers and many calculations later on, so for now I am showing just a basic number of 1 or 2 (heads & tails, black & red, etc)

I assume you might have some other patterns to show to find even better odds. For example finding the odds of it not going as it should since at the end of 100 flips it can be off by not 50/50 but 40/60. So can you guess most numbers without saying everything is heads to get a 50% efficiency. Try to see if you can get 75% efficiency. Or have a formula that can predict it.

Attachments

• flip odds.xls
    236 KB · Views: 6
Back