• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Practical Excel books

Sevinj

Dear Excel users,

I'm accustomed to learning everything reading books. I have tried many Excel books such as for Dummies, Excel formulas 2013 and many others, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. I'm searching for an advanced book full of solutions to practical solutions and exercises. For example, it might consist of forum questions along with the suggested solutions in an organized way. I have a good grasp of many widely used Excel formulas and features. However, I'd like to be able to create complex nested formulas to find faster solutions to data analysis and reporting. In a word, I want to be amazed by what solutions people working in various companies come up with big data analysis and reporting in Excel.

Hi ,

It is not very clear what the end objective is.

Creating complex nested formulae is not necessarily guaranteed to give you insights into your data.

Complex formulae are not necessarily going to give you faster solutions to data analysis.

I think data analysis is using statistical techniques to analyze data , and unless you have a firm grasp of the underlying theory , applying complex formulae is not to take you anywhere.

Most forums do not deal with such specialized topics , so I don't think questions asked in forums will help much.

If you can present one or two real-world problems which you need to deal with , and upload the relevant data , more help might be given.

Narayan

Hi,

I agree with Narayan point; clear your objective.

My friend since you have good power of grasping complex formulas.

I doubt any suggestion/advise to go for a particular book will be carried as you are aware of many inside of Excel.

Finally, I suggest you to have a short target, make schedule of things you would like to master.

I am Active Member of this forum & I see many great solutions/ mind working together but by no means anyone here can say him/her to be an Ultimate Expert.

My best wishes are with you.

For example, it might consist of forum questions along with the suggested solutions in an organized way
I'd suggest you do this as own exercise. It gets built up over a period of time. This is important as what may seem as complex for someone else might just be another thing that you do in a day.

As a start point, you can refer links specified in below link and the vault section.
http://forum.chandoo.org/threads/popular-and-useful-forum-posts.10604/

If you make some sizeable progress, post back your collection. Others will benefit.

Hi @Sevinj , if I could suggest, since you have clear idea of what you are seeking. Then why not collate examples from Forum like these and prepare an e-book say PDF version.

You can use this for your own use and as well as share (if you want) here.

If we browse this forum, we will get amazing solutions (for example, search for Narayan sir's solutions). You can also search Ozgrid or Mr Excel.

Have a nice day ahead. :)

PS - Regarding excel formula, please check solutions by @Khalid NGO and @Faseeh

Back