• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

power point and excel question

jagmohan

Hi,

I think I am asking the question to right forum.

Reference:

http://chandoo.org/wp/2011/08/03/create-powerpoint-presentations-using-excel-vba/

My question is reference to above link.

1. I am preparing sales collaterals. One common requirement I have from engineering team is case studies of the project to be included in the presentation. Case study data changes from time to time (as projects progress.) Asking engineering team to prepare a new slide on case study everytime a customer presentation is to be made is waste of their time.

2. I have a template for case study in power point. (Basically empty shapes/text boxes which are to be filled with text bullets.) Number of text boxes, their sizes, their location in the slide and which box should contain what text/data is fixed.

3. I have a excel template to capture the engineering projects. This is an extended project review excel file. One sheet per project is populated every week as part of engineering project reviews.

4. What I want to do is

a. Filter and select the case studies I want to include.

b. Run a macro such that using the selected case studies, one slide per selected project is generated.

Question:

1. Is it possible to fill in text boxes in an excel sheet using VBA macros?

2. has anyone attempted it and a solution is published?

3. Can anyone help?

regards,

Jagmohan

Hi Jagmohan ,

I think so ; but I am not in a position to help you at this point.

Is it OK if I send you the Excel file , and you tailor it to suit your requirement ?

Otherwise , if you don't have a nearing deadline , I can help.

Narayan

Hi, jagmohan!

I'm working on a project that automatizes PowerPoint slides creation from itself, that's to say there's an userform displayed for setting parameters and then slides with images and text are created using VBA code.

I can't post any part of the code but if you upload sample files of both workbook and presentation files, maybe I could fill a few examples for you.

Regards!

Hi,

Great! Thanks a lot!

@Narayan: my email id is jagmohan [dot] nanaware [at] gmail [dot] com. It will be a great help if you can send me the excel file. I will be able to make the modifications to the code.

#SirJB7: Where and how can I upload the powerpoint and excel templates?

regards,

Jagmohan

Hi, jagmohan!

If you consider uploading a sample file (including manual examples of desired output if applicable), it'd be very useful for those who read this and might be able to help you. Thank you. Give a look at the green sticky posts at this forums main page for uploading guidelines.

http://chandoo.org/forums/topic/posting-a-sample-workbook

Regards!

@Hui

Hi!

Yesterday night, 0:30 AM GMT-3 Chandoo's forums weren't inaccessibles for at least 40', then I turned off the computer. It seems as it I pressed many times Send Post button :)

Regards!

Back