• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Power pivot : 2 fact tables with different granularity to be joined...

Lolo

Hello,

I try to read a lot about power pivot, but if I can easily understand some basics on simple models, in my real job models are more complex and I have 2 fact tables with different granularity.

I have tried to see how to deal with that and found some articles on internet, but either example are not fitting my problem, and/or quickly articles become very complex, so I suppose I have not the sufficent knowledge to understand or implement what it is proposed.

In Qlikview , I keep the 2 fact tables separate, with a natural relation, but in Power Pivot, I don't know, even if the solution seems to merge the 2 fact tables.

Could you help me and explain me could I deal with joining my 2 fact tables in Power Pivot ?

1st fact table: CURRENT STOCK (granularity by city, by type, by status)
2nd fact table : FLOW (granularity by city, by type, by week)

Please find attached file with all sample data and all explanations needed.

Thank you for your help in advance, and let me know if I am clear.

Attachments

• TestPowerPivot-DataWtihDifferentGranularity.xlsx
    466.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
OK solution found. Just have to create and add right dimensions tables city and type in my model, and link them to my 2 fact tables. Please check the file in attached, perhaps it could help someone.

Attachments

• TestPowerPivot-DataWtihDifferentGranularity_FIXED.xlsx
    462.4 KB · Views: 3
Back