1. Welcome to Chandoo.org Forums. Short message for you

Hi Guest,

Thanks for joining Chandoo.org forums. We are here to make you awesome in Excel. Before you post your first question, please read this short introduction guide. When posting or responding to questions please remember our values at Chandoo.org are: Humility, Passion, Fun, Awesomeness, Simplicity, Sharing Remember that we have people here for whom English is not there first language and we need to allow for this in our dealings.

Yours,
    Chandoo
  2. Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

3. When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Post messages between sheets on textboxes

Discussion in 'Ask an Excel Question' started by sswcharlie, Apr 6, 2018.

1. sswcharlie

sswcharlie New Member

With a workbook that has several users simultaneously, not all in the same room etc., want to be able for each sheet user to message a master sheet user and in reverse as well, with info.
    Very similar to the sms messages on a smart phone, basically 2 columns with in and out comments.

Is there any articles etc in setting something up like this ? Even if I have to use 2 text boxes to get the 2 columns ok, beside each other.

So when a sheet user sends msg to master a button pressed to send.

Your comments appreciated.

Charles Harris
  2. AliGW

AliGW Active Member

If the workbook is shared, why not use the bult-in comments feature (Review ribbon)?
  3. sswcharlie

sswcharlie New Member

AllGW
    Thanks for your comments. Does not work quite the way I would like it. Do not want to have comment attached to a cell and want the textbox or whatever on screen all the time.
    Thanks
    Charles
  4. AliGW

AliGW Active Member

The comment boxes can be set to be visible at all times.
  5. sswcharlie

sswcharlie New Member

Hi

Oops I will have a look and try out. Thanks
    Charles