• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Possible to prompt for worksheet in another open workbook?

polarisking

I have a number of stand-alone macros that I run against worksheets in other open workbooks. Let's say my macro workbook is Chandoo.xlsm, one of my many open workbooks is Target.xlsx, and there are many worksheets in Target.xlsx.

I'm looking for a dialog process that will prompt me for which open workbook I want, then prompt me for which worksheet in the selected workbook I want to run the macro against. Make sense?

Right now, I have the VB editor open in one window, select a cell in the target workbook/worksheet, and then press F5 to run the macro. Or, I'm in the target workbook/worksheet, Alt-F8, and select the macro. Seems like there must be a better way.

Thanks, in advance.

chirayu, thank you very much. Here's a really stupid question:

How would I put this form on a sheet in the Sample.xlsm file? I went into Alt-F11 and ran the Macro TEST.

chirayu, you've been incredibly helpful. I'd like to make this agnostic to a specific macro. Is there a way to add one more combo box to create a list of all macros in open *.XLSM workbooks?

End result, pick a workbook, pick a worksheet, pick a macro.

Back