• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

possible to keep row hidden when filter cleared/used?

Ben Millen

Hi all, so on the form im making a row is hidden, that row is used to create new rows with the same properties

however whenever i apply or clear filters this row is unhidden

any way to stop that?

Luke M

Excel Ninja
Can you move the row somewhere outside of filtered area, and then have formatting/formulas copied from there to new rows?

Ben Millen

i like your thinking but that doesnt seem the best way to do it, several people will be using the form and i dont want anything that will cause questions or that they can mess up

NARAYANK991

Excel Ninja
Hi Ben ,

I don't understand what properties are present in the hidden row , which will not be present in added rows ; can you clarify ?

If at all you are using VBA to customize any row that is added , why should the properties be copied from a hidden row ? Can they not be coded in the VBA procedure itself ?

Narayan

Ben Millen

Hi Narayan, just looked at this, doesnt seem right though, it inserts the row at the bottom and doesnt apply the rules

NARAYANK991

Excel Ninja
Hi Ben ,

Since you say it does not apply the rules , can you say how I can test this ?

I had checked it before uploading the file , and from what I could see it worked.

Narayan

Ben Millen

thats great Narayan, thanks, it was copying the color from the header but i fixed that with ".Interior.Color = xlNone"

thanks for your help on this :)