• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Plotting a Running Total (without an intermediate table)

In the attached file, I want to plot four data series (each in a different color). However, as I plot each series, instead of plotting each value under the Cost column, I would like to plot a running total for each data series.

I can do this by creating an intermediate table, however I am wondering if it is possible to plot running totals directly from the source table.

Attachments

• Chandoo.org (Plotting Cumulative Costs).xlsx
    16.2 KB · Views: 5
I believe the best way is to use a secondary table. May be you can put that in some other sheet to avoid clutter, but the effort that you will put in to get this from one shot formula may be too much.

I believe the best way is to use a secondary table. May be you can put that in some other sheet to avoid clutter, but the effort that you will put in to get this from one shot formula may be too much.

If I were to try doing this with a formula, where on the chart would I enter the formula?

I believe you will have to do so by Defining a Name - and there you will create a formula that will yield the cumulative figure for each month. When you will be asked to plot a series, you will be using that Name.

Back