• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Please help - need to return number of months for sum of cell that exceeds a given number

olga123

Hi there,

First - a huge fan @Chandoo, watching your youtube videos all the time, very informative, TY!!

I need some help, pretty please :) looked at some formulas on here but still can't figure it out unfortunately :(

The task:
Given - two rows of data, dynamic array (a new column is added to the end every month)

based on the value in a certain cell in the second row, i need to add values in the first row (starting with next month) till sum exceeds the corresponding value from the second row and return number of months it would take me to recover that value

Huge huge thank you for any help/suggestions!!

Olga

Attachments

• Test v1.xlsx
    13.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Try,

In C8, non-array formula copied across right:

=IF(D$4="","",IFERROR(MIN(MATCH(C$5,INDEX(PROB(COLUMN(D$4:$R$4)-COLUMN(C$4),D$4:$R$4/SUM(D$4:$R$4),,COLUMN(D$4:$R$4)-COLUMN(C$4))*SUM(D$4:$R$4),)),COUNT(D$4:$R$4)-1),0)+1)

Attachments

• Return number of months.xlsx
    13.2 KB · Views: 5
Try,

In C8, non-array formula copied across right:

=IF(D$4="","",IFERROR(MIN(MATCH(C$5,INDEX(PROB(COLUMN(D$4:$R$4)-COLUMN(C$4),D$4:$R$4/SUM(D$4:$R$4),,COLUMN(D$4:$R$4)-COLUMN(C$4))*SUM(D$4:$R$4),)),COUNT(D$4:$R$4)-1),0)+1)

View attachment 82597

Amazing !!!!!
Thank you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!! works perfectly well for my purpose!!!
Huge thank you, really appreciate it! :)
Olga

Back