• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Please help me with scan in and scan out sheet

haixingau

I'm trying to set up an excel sheet to record different task for multiple employee to keep their time in and out and able to calculate total time spend on the jobs. This is what i have up to now. I'm not sure how to code for the time in and time out and others things.

Attachments

• TEST FILE FOR new.xlsm
    27.2 KB · Views: 8
haixingau
Is that only possible way to do?
How would those multiple employee use it?
What would be 'other things'?
For Time In/Out - my opinion - have always both date and time for both datas.

I'm trying to set up so a person(Manager or production supervisor) can assign the task by scan in employee ID (could be multiple) and jobs (could be multiple or single) that assign, that would let me record time in ...Then when employee finished with that jobs, the person (manager or prod s) scan out for that job. So i can capture the total time assigned for that jobs.

I'm trying to set up an excel sheet to record different task for multiple employee to keep their time in and out and able to calculate total time spend on the jobs. This is what i have up to now. I'm not sure how to code for the time in and time out and others things.

Format start stop time as HH:MM. then use formula; =IF(D2>0.0001,E2-D2,"")

Hi Vletm,
Is that only possible way to do? (I'm trying to set up so a person(Manager or production supervisor) can assign the task by scan in employee ID (could be multiple) and jobs (could be multiple or single) that assign, that would let me record time in ...Then when employee finished with that jobs, the person (manager or prod s) scan out for that job. So i can capture the total time assigned for that jobs. )

How would those multiple employee use it? Only a single person handling the scanning in and out process.... (This will be done by a scanner (i.e employee id and a drawing with bar code)
What would be 'other things'? (For example: if i scan in employee ID 3456 and job 19T2343A1 ...Click on time in ,,,,sheet record time in ..Then when the job is finished i rescan employee ID 3456 and job 19T2343A1 again and click on time out....sheet record time out ....and calculate time spend on it (some job require multiple day to finish) ....

For Time In/Out - my opinion - have always both date and time for both datas.

haixingau
Is that ... ? Why use that kind of form? ( anyway, it won't work with my Excel. )
Do You have ready a scanning procedure?

If instead of scanning could select ID & job and press [Save].
It would save needed data.

Is that ... ? Why use that kind of form? ( anyway, it won't work with my Excel. ) Yes
Do You have ready a scanning procedure? (The scanning procedure will be ...scan employee ID (bar code)....Scan a job number (bar code-This one is random and unique due to custom products)

If instead of scanning could select ID & job and press [Save]. Due to the custom nature of the product (the production manager scan the employee ID (around 90 ish employee) and give custom drawing (a single job could have many parts, ie. many drawing) with job bar code )
It would save needed data. (Employee ID can be pre-populated ....but the job number(huge number of drawing for many parts).

Please see my latest effort...on the files....

Attachments

• TEST FILE FOR new.xlsm
    27.7 KB · Views: 6
haixingau
Is that ... ? Why use that kind of form? ( anyway, it won't work with my Excel. ) Yes
test file.png hmm? ... Your file gives this, I use Excel 2019!

Do You have ready a scanning procedure?
Do You have it or not?
If instead of scanning could select ID & job and press [Save]. You skipped previous question or how?
It would save needed data. ... yes, yes ... so?
What did You do?
With that form .. maybe someone else would continue?

Cross-Post.
https://www.excelforum.com/excel-pr...-help-me-with-scan-in-and-scan-out-sheet.html

Please read forum rules and follow it. While it's not against rule to cross post. There are guidelines we ask you to follow.
https://chandoo.org/forum/threads/site-rules-new-users-please-read.294/

• Cross-Posting. Generally, it is considered poor practice to cross post. That is to post the same question on several forums in the hope of getting a response quicker.
  • If you do cross-post, please put that in your post.
  • Also if you have cross-posted and get an Solution elsewhere, have the courtesy of posting the Solution here so other readers can learn from the answer also, as well as stopping people wasting their time on your answered question.

hi Vletm,

I'm trying to program it 64781
I'm getting error
May be that cause the problem...
Please elaborate on the (Do You have ready a scanning procedure? Do You have it or not? )
Thank yoiu

haixingau
Did You read Forum Rules?
If You're Cross-Posting, then I'll get slower - much slower.

Form - as I've tried to write few times
- With that form ... maybe someone else would continue?
Without that or any form ... it would be possible.

Please elaborate on the (Do You have ready a scanning procedure? Do You have it or not? )
> You have written 'scanning' .. but do You have a ready 'how-to-scan'-procedure? How do You scan something?
Your form has something like two Combo-boxes ... those means manually selecting.

I had some ideas before Cross-Posting ...
but I would like to get answers before continue.

Hi Vletm,

Sorry about the cross post, I've asked moderator of other forum to remove the other post.
Please see attached pictures for scanning reference.

So a assigned person can scan in the employee ID and Job number....Time in......
When the job finished employee bring back drawing....
The assigned person then scan out.... Time out...
I.e....then i would get total time spend for that job...
I have modify that files....It does not have to be a combo box ...i have modified with the two text box....
Please help me code when assign person scan in ...Employee ID and job number go to the Job tracking time sheet.... and time in...
Then when scan again for time out....the time out go to that job tracking time sheet..
Thank you for your time to help me....

Attachments

• TEST FILE FOR new.xlsm
    30.1 KB · Views: 1
haixingau
Seems that You still skip my writings ...
1) 3rd time:
Without that or any form ... it would be possible.

2) Your: Please elaborate on the (Do You have ready a scanning procedure? Do You have it or not? )
You sent three massive pictures
... but You didn't answer to my question. Should there be any code about 'scan'?

3) Time_in / Time_out ... that needs ONE control.

4) I'd one sample ... something same as Yours.
> This do not have any 'Form'
> If You really have ready procedure for 'scan' ... it could use with this too.
> This is not even 99% ready for Your case.

Attachments

• TEST new copy.xlsb
    44.9 KB · Views: 8
Hi Vletm,

Seems that You still skip my writings ...
1) 3rd time:
Without that or any form ... it would be possible. (It's my understanding to used the userform so that the assign scan person does not mess with the data being collect it. )

2) Your: Please elaborate on the (Do You have ready a scanning procedure? Do You have it or not? )
You sent three massive pictures
... but You didn't answer to my question. Should there be any code about 'scan'? There should be no code for the scan....It's a straight input like input from a key board.... First they will scan employee id....then follow scan in Job.....Click on Time in......
Then follow by a scan out ....same procedure when jobs is finished.... First they will scan employee id....then follow scan in Job.....Click on Time Out......

3) Time_in / Time_out ... that needs ONE control.

4) I'd one sample ... something same as Yours. (I'm testing your files )
> This do not have any 'Form'
> If You really have ready procedure for 'scan' ... it could use with this too.
> This is not even 99% ready for Your case.

haixingau
1) for me - only without any form
2) ... even the scan user should know what to do ...
... which part of ... something ... shows to where 'keyboard'-writes?
I remember that I've coded something like this once .. a long time ago ... hmm?
>>> I just Googled ... Yes, scanning-procedure could be like: select CELL >> 'do scan'
>>> if so ... then it would use with my file too (after few modifications)
... and still could use that as now I've planned

4) The sample also shows, who are working and which job are running ... plus plus plus

Last edited:
Back