• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Please Help! Match, Index, Max/Min

Breea Gale

Hi there,

I regularly use this site to help me figure out formulas, though I've never actually created an account. So, hello! :)

The reason why I'm posting now is that I've spent the last hour looking through threads to see if someone has already asked this question. It's very possible that I've missed someone providing a similar answer so I do apologize if this has been asked and answered. However, here's my question and my deepest hopes that someone will help me.

I have a spreadsheet (see attached) with over 500 entries of people with different titles, at different locations, and different pay rates. I need to out the max annual pay for individuals with that title. I've tried a hundred different combinations and keep getting the dreaded #REF or #NAME?

Please help me? :)
Breea

Attachments

• Sample.xlsx
    13.7 KB · Views: 9
O2: =MAX(IF(Table1[Title]=[@Title],IF(Table1[Loc]="X",Table1[Annual Salary],),)) then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
Copy down

Q2: =MAX(IF(Table1[Title]=[@Title],IF(Table1[Loc]="Y",Table1[Annual Salary],),)) then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
Copy down

Back