• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table with conditions

Hello Excel lovers,

I need you help and guidance to create a Pivot table with condition. Attached the file

Attachments

• Pivot Table.xlsx
    11.7 KB · Views: 5
chssundeep
Did You notice that
Your sample result 'pivot-table' do not have any indication of any employee to even try to notice Your named 'conditions'.
As well as if no projects or more than three projects.
Any ideas?
Could You show wanted sample results?

chssundeep
Did You notice that
Your sample result 'pivot-table' do not have any indication of any employee to even try to notice Your named 'conditions'.
As well as if no projects or more than three projects.
Any ideas?
Could You show wanted sample results?
Yes, vletm.. The reason is we need to know department, project and location wise costs

In the attached (from your attachment in msg #5), there's a pivot table at cell AA3 with a slicer:

Although I was able to get the same table with a pivot made directly from your data, I was unable to add a project slicer since your data is not in a good form to do that. So I made 3 more pivots, and cut/copied|Values the data to make a new source table, from which I made the above pivot table, this time with the project slicer. I've left the 3 intermediate pivot tables in but they're not needed, just for your information.

ps. I added formulae to calculate the values in column J, K & L, which gives the same values as the plain values that were there.

Attachments

• Chandoo41550Pivot Table.xlsx
    36.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
chssundeep
Yes ...
Do You mean that Your wanted result is 0,65 and 40332? Hmm... ?
How?
a) How would You select ... Project?
Of course, by 'Pivot-table' it could do.
There seems to be something in Z-column ... who knows? For me, those looks basic texts in cells.
b) How do You select employee to 'Pivot-table'?
c) As in Your 'conditions' .. cell P16 .. and if that compare to Your sample result ... where is that Project 2's 35%?
d) if other count than 1,2,3 of Project per employee ... then 'the result' would be ... maybe nothing or how?
e) Something do not match? Without clear needed results (and which can be verified from Your conditions) I cannot continue.

Thank you so much all of you.... I got the solution..

Every time I stuck at a problem you guys are helping me... Thanks a ton especially to vletm, p45cal and GraH-Guido

Back