• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Table Refresh: There is already data in ......

I am refreshing a pivot table. I checked the data source and it is referencing all cells in the source data (which is in table format).

But when I do the refresh, I get a message saying "There is already data in [Workbook].Worksheet. Do you want to replace it?"

The sheet I am working on is not the same worksheet referenced in the error message so I have no idea what this message means.

I have to say, the Excel file has many tabs, each with a pivot table. Is there some upper limit as to how many pivot tables one Excel file can contain? Is this the source of the problem?

That message most often means that you have cells that aren't part of a PT, that are about to get over-written.
upload_2016-2-4_8-52-59.png

If when I go to refresh this table, if the PT needs to expand to col D, before it overwrites my work, XL warns me. That is what you are seeing. Suggest you go to the worksheet mentioned and verify that there are no cells with manually entered data.

No hard limit to number of PTs, just depends on how much memory your system has.

Back