• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot table and Pivot chart problem

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can help with an issue I have with creating a pivot chart from a pivot table.

If you look at the attached file you will see that I have created a pivot table on the ‘Project Issues’ tab from data contained in the ‘Issues’ tab. However, it does not show a one to one relationship in the ‘RAISER’ column between ‘RAISER’ and ‘OWNER’. Also, it’s only showing 8 items in the pivot table as opposed to 10 contained in the source data. When I try to create a pivot chart it shows no data at all.

Also, I can’t seem to be able to change the ‘DUE DATE’ in the other pivot table on the ‘Project Issues’ tab to show the year!

Hopefully, I’m just doing something silly and someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Pivot table issue.xlsx
    39.5 KB · Views: 4
Second question first
Right click on the 31-Oct-20 , select Group...
Select Years
Apply

First Question
I'm not really sure what you mean here

Right Click on Alison Stewart
Select Field Setting
Select Layout & Print Tab
Tick Repeat Item Labels

Repeat for Development Manager Field

The Table is correct
It is not 1 to 1 as the data is summarised

There is 8 combinations according to what you have selected

Hi Hui,

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

First Question
I I did as you suggested with the Repeat Item Labels and this worked fine.
However, in my source data table there are 4 instances of Alison Stewart, 4 of John Smith and 2 of Helen Bird; the pivot table is only showing 2 for Alison Stewart and 2 for John Smith - am i doing something dumb?

Second Question
When I follow your suggestion it creates separate columns - is there a way to show the 'DUE DATE' as it appears in the source data? Teh same as it does in the 'DATE RAISED' column?

DATE RAISED​
Years​
Months​
DUE DATE​
17-Oct-20​
2020​
Oct​
31-Oct​
20-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
05-Nov​
23-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
07-Nov​
24-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
08-Nov​
25-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
09-Nov​
26-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
10-Nov​
27-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
11-Nov​
28-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
12-Nov​
29-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
13-Nov​
30-Oct-20​
2020​
Nov​
14-Nov​

In the PT I sent you there are 4 4 and 2 instances ( I don't know how to paste an image here)
(For the dates, right click on a date field and click " Ungroup")

In the PT I sent you there are 4 4 and 2 instances ( I don't know how to paste an image here)
(For the dates, right click on a date field and click " Ungroup")
Thanks - I got the 'Ungroup' function to work.
Apologies, I saw that you had got the instances to show 4, 4 and 2 but how did you get that to work? It only shows 3, 3 and 2 for me.

Because you did not add the " Due Date" field
PT's summarize unique values. Once you added another field with non unique values, they all appear. If you had two identical due dates for the same person, the problem would reappear

Because you did not add the " Due Date" field
PT's summarize unique values. Once you added another field with non unique values, they all appear. If you had two identical due dates for the same person, the problem would reappear
That's great - thanks very much for your help.

Back