• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pivot Chart Partial Grouping

kelvin-lkh

Dear fellow PBI pro,

Below are the chart I plot from PBI and the X-axis are in quater and down to period. I wish to show Q1, Q2, Q3, P10, P11, P12 in my chart instead of the below P01-P12. How do I make the charge show by quarter for P01-P09 and then by month period for P10 to P12?

Attachments

• Report Sample.xlsx
    13.6 KB · Views: 4
You can just add Label column.
In query editor add custom column...
Code:
= if [Quarter] <> "Q4" then [Quarter] else [Period]

Note that you will need to add sort column (i.e. Position) for this column. Or it will not sort from Q1-Q3, P10-P12 order.

Alternately you can create visual via R or Python and perform dataframe transformation in script.

It's PowerBI, it enforces rules in Data Model side and not using pivot layer. Pivot/Matrix visual and Chart in PBI isn't directly connected via fields, only through data relationships.

Hi Chihiro,

I have created order for period and link it to the original table. I also pull in the 'Order' column into the chart. However, the sorting function only show the first hierarchy in the Axia as below pic. How do I do the sorting option as per your suggestion? I wish to upload my PBI file but this forum does not allow to attached the file in PBI format.

You need to select the column and the go to model ribbon and define which column is used to sort "New Period".

Back