• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pick'Em Tournament Macro

Akwaman

Hi All! I am having some trouble creating a sheet where when I select a date of a game on the sheet, I want to know all the people that selected the winner. I tried a multitude of different formulas to run a scenario where the winner of games on a particular date show up without me having to go in and manually select them, but I'm having no luck. I hope this makes sense. Anyone that is able to help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Simply Basketball 2021-22 Season.xlsx
    17.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 2021-22 Pick em winners (1).xlsx
    19.5 KB · Views: 3
Akwaman
About Your I am having some trouble creating a sheet where when I select a date of a game on the sheet,...
The first challenge is that there are none dates in Your A-column ... except four times text Date.
How would You know all the people that selected the winner?
... is there more people than in Your (left) sample file?

Hi Excel Ninja. First, thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. So in the Simply Basketball spreadsheet, the winner is in column E. So when I select the date in Column A, I want a list of all of the people that selected the Winner in Column E. Does that make sense?

Akwaman
Did You skip my 2nd line?
So when I select the date in Column A
... You could use basic filter to select any text from A-column.
Did You skip my How -questions?
Because above ... You could use conditional formatting to show those who has selected...
Does that make sense?
... does that make sense?

Attachments

• Simply Basketball 2021-22 Season.xlsx
    17.4 KB · Views: 0
Apologies. I'm new to the site and didn't realize that you had asked additional questions.
So when I select the date in Column A
... You could use basic filter to select any text from A-column.
Did You skip my How -questions? - Not seeing the how questions.
Because above ... You could use conditional formatting to show those who has selected...
Does that make sense?
... does that make sense?

Kind of. So there are multiple games on any given date, but say on November 1 Cavs vs Hornets will yield one winner. So for any row, I need those that selected column e from columns F- how many ever. I may need to write everyone's picks somewhere else, but essentially. I want to be able to select a game day, and see who the winners are from that game day.

I'm tracking all of the winners for an ultimate winner at the end of the season (total wins correctly picked), and I would like a macro that for any day I select, I can get a list of all of those that chose the winner.

Akwaman
Instead any list, You seems to would like to get something like this sample...
Hints:
Cell A1 has two modes: select it to change mode - if green then You could solve winner
Cell A1 clear filter ( shows all rows )
If cell A1 if green then ...
> You can select any of those looks-date-text from A-column to see those ...
>> You'll see winners with green cells as well as sum of each 'names' in the 1st row

Attachments

• Simply Basketball 2021-22 Season.xlsb
    26 KB · Views: 3
Good morning. This is GREAT!!! This takes me a lot farther than I was before. I sincerely appreciate this!!! Now the total counts in F1 would be a Sum If formula? I know that's what it will be but I'm stuck there too. But this has really, really helped. Thank you so much!!!

Another way, have a look at the attached.

Attachments

• Chandoo47177Simply Basketball 2021-22 Season.xlsx
    31.2 KB · Views: 4
Back