• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

PDF to Excel using Microsoft

needmorehelp

I figured out how to use Excel to open a folder containing multiple PDF's with the same file structure and import it into Excel. The problem is it puts all the PDF's information into 1 Excel sheet.
I would like it to create a new Excel sheet for each PDF and keep it all in the same Excel workbook.

Are you using Power Query to do this? Or some other means. Help us to help you but giving us full disclosure as to how you are doing this. We are not mind readers and cannot see your file.

I’m just using Excel.
By going to the Data tab of the ribbon > Get Data > From File etc.
I’m sure it can’t be done with just Excel, probably needs some coding.

Which Excel version are you using ? If Power Query is not part of your version you can import it as an add-in starting with XL2010

I’m using office 365.
I’m using the power query, and it’s working fine.
I want it to create a separate excel sheet for each pdf in the file (if I have 10 PDFs I want 10 Excel sheets and keep them all in the same workbook)

Can you post some sample data showing a couple of pdfs that we can work with to show you how to do this. I'm guessing that you may have to load each separately and then close and load each to a separate worksheet.

Nice pictures but we cannot analyze your data in a picture nor can we manipulate data in a picture. Try loading some files instead. Keep the number of records in each file to 8-10 as we don't need to see big files to help you solve this.

Sorry about that .
Try these PDF's all i need from them is the Feature and the Actual.

Attachments

• PDFs.zip
    824.1 KB · Views: 4
Here is what happens when I use Excel power query.
I need it to create a sperate Excel sheet for each PDF.

Attachments

• Combined PDFs.xlsx
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
How I would do this.
Option 1. Take your existing file Combined PDFs and in PQ filter it on the file name for the first file and rename the query. Then close and load to a new sheet. Open this query and in the left most section of the query, select duplicate and rename the duplicate. Then delete the steps back to and including filter. Now filter on the next file and close and load to a new sheet. Repeat this process.

Option 2. Make sure all your PDFs are in one folder. Get your data from a Folder and not PDFs. Load the Query. Do not combine. Apply this Mcode and then close and load to a new sheet. Highlight and edit the existing query. On the left of the query in the PQ editor, highlight the query and right click to duplicate. Now on the right side. Right click and delete to end from the second step. Change the name of the query and copy and paste the third step of the Mcode. Close and load to a new worksheet and then repeat the process. You should end up with 10 queries all in separate sheets.

I think that Option 1 may be easier to do. But in either case, it is a bit laborious. I don't have another means for you.

Back