• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Pasting a table from Excel to Powerpoint in original format (which is editable)

Hi,

I have created a macro which paste a table from excel to Powerpoint. I want the table to be editable in PPT when it gets pasted. I am currently using the code - ppPasteEnhancedMetafile which it not editable and when I paste it using the code ppPasteDefault, ppPasteHTML or ppPasteSourceFormatting, the excel lines & columns appear in the table and the alignment goes for a toss.

I am attaching a screenshot for the same.

Could someone please guide or provide a code to paste the table as editable while retaining the Original format.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshots.docx
    86.6 KB · Views: 2
Need help Please. I am using the below code for pasting the table but its not editable on PPT

>>> use code - tags <<<
Code:
Sub OpenPPTNew()

'---------------------- Slide Begin------------------------

'Copy paste excel table

Set PPSlide = PPPres.Slides
        ThisWorkbook.Activate
        ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A4:I15").Copy
        PPApp.Activate
        PPSlide.Select
        PPPres.Windows(1).View.PasteSpecial ppPasteEnhancedMetafile
        Application.CutCopyMode = False
Exit Sub

End Sub

Need help Please. I am using the below code for pasting the table but its not editable on PPT

You are pasting as image (ppPasteEnhancedMetafile), then how will you be able to edit. Use ppPasteDefault instead
Code:
PPPres.Windows(1).View.PasteSpecial ppPasteDefault

Attachments

• Table to be insrted attached.xlsm
    20.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the reply but I have tried this as well and its doesnt work. The formatting of the table gets distorted.

If you see my original query, I have mentioned it - "
I have created a macro which paste a table from excel to Powerpoint. I want the table to be editable in PPT when it gets pasted. I am currently using the code - ppPasteEnhancedMetafile which it not editable and when I paste it using the code ppPasteDefault, ppPasteHTML or ppPasteSourceFormatting, the excel lines & columns appear in the table and the alignment goes for a toss."

Thanks for the reply but I have tried this as well and its doesnt work. The formatting of the table gets distorted.

If you see my original query, I have mentioned it - "
I have created a macro which paste a table from excel to Powerpoint. I want the table to be editable in PPT when it gets pasted. I am currently using the code - ppPasteEnhancedMetafile which it not editable and when I paste it using the code ppPasteDefault, ppPasteHTML or ppPasteSourceFormatting, the excel lines & columns appear in the table and the alignment goes for a toss."
Hi Rameez,
But the version I attached is working fine for me.
The table lines are shown only when I select the table

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-22 224017.png
    Screenshot 2021-12-22 224017.png
    31.7 KB · Views: 7
Back