• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Outlook macro to auto save file from specific sender

Hi,

Can someone help me with VBA which auto saves all attachment received from a particular sender at particular location. I am using outlook desktop app.

Kind regards,

Shakti

I've written an Outlook VBA that watches for attachments by a particular name (or rather a certain name pattern) and saves it to the appropriate folder, and another that automatically finds and attaches the next file in the sequence to an outgoing email in reply. Oughta be able to do this one. Let's see, here...

Well, one problem I have to deal with is that I run the program under an Outlook rule, when I can—but occasionally that rule suddenly claims to be broken and won't run. Haven't yet figured out why. So part of the time the VBA program can run automatically whenever email arrives; it'll check each incoming email to see whether there's an attachment, and if there is it checks whether the attachment has the proper name, and if it does then it figures out which folder the attachment should go in and copies it there. But when the rule claims to be broken, the program doesn't run automatically against incoming email; so I created another program (named "Scan") that looks at every email item in the In box, and if it has an attachment it passes that email item to the main program to handle the attachment just as though it were running automatically under the (temporarily broken) Outlook rule.

It looks to me like you can create an Outlook rule that says whenever you get an email from <insert sender here> and it <has an attachment>, you can automatically take an action—and that action can be to move the email to a specific folder. Would that suit your need? Not quite what you asked, I realize. Another possibility is to kick off a VBA program, which you can write to copy the attachment to a particular place on your hard drive, which is more what you're after, right?

Back