• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Order Rows (Chapter numbers) of several columns in the same row number of the column with the most c

Cristhian Corte

Hello Everybody!

I have been working for 1 week on a task and I got stuck at one point. I really need to solve this task urgently, so I am really hoping for the help of somebody and I would be very grateful for it.
I have 6 different columns with chapters of some requirements. In some columns the chapters are at the same high (row number) in other not. In some columns I have the same chapter numbering (Example: COLUMN A 1.1…1.2… 1.2.1) but in other not (Example: COLUMN B 1.1…1.2… 1.2.2).

I am using as range the column with the most chapters. The other columns must compare their information (Chapters) with the main column and order the chapters according the information of the main column
Does anybody know any suggestion for programming a macro that compare all the 6 columns in the same worksheet and add the chapter number at the same row of the main column? and if the chapter is for example just in one column and not in the other 5 that you can add empty cells until this chapter Ends and start the new one?
There are chapters too, that have the same chapter number but a different name. For example (COLUMN A *1.1.3 Introduction* and COLUMN B *1.1.3 Fundaments*. In this case I would like to mark the cell with red to know where the chapters with the same number are different from the text.
I hope I could explain the macro that I want to develop. You find under attached the excel sheet with the Data if anybody needed as a guide. Thank you so much for your help community :)!

Last edited:
HI,

It would help if you posted a workbook.

Charles

Hi charles! You find attached (Chapter.xls) one sample of how the data is given. and in the other file (Kapiteln_Zuordnen_Wolfgang) you find the macros what I have done until now. Some Chapters are order properly in the same row but others no.. so I am trying to figure out whats the Problem. Thanks for your valuable help!

Attachments

• Chapter.xlsm
    18.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Kapiteln_Zuordnen_Wolfgang.xlsm
    36 KB · Views: 3
HI,

It would help if you posted a workbook.

Charles

Hi charles! You find attached (Chapter.xls) one sample of how the data is given. and in the other file (Kapiteln_Zuordnen_Wolfgang) you find the macros what I have done until now. Some Chapters are order properly in the same row but others no.. so I am trying to figure out whats the Problem. Thanks for your valuable help!

Hi
I think you have a "Source" workbook that has the data that you want to populate your files from. If so can you post it too?

Charles

Back