• Hi All

Please note that at the Chandoo.org Forums there is Zero Tolerance to Spam

Post Spam and you Will Be Deleted as a User

Hui...

• When starting a new post, to receive a quicker and more targeted answer, Please include a sample file in the initial post.

Optimal Solution

Himanshu5645

Please help in finding the optimal solution

Prod-AProd-BProd-C
M-1
3​
4​
2​
220​
M-2
2​
1​
2​
154​
M-3
1​
3​
2​
205​
36​
42​
32​

PS: I've tried using the solver by setting the target objective to maximum value, still cant find the answer.
Changes the variable cells from Prod-A and M-1 to Prod-C and M-3

Himanshu

Can you please explain :
1. How are the totals of each Column derived : eg: How is 36, 42 and 32 deroved?
2. How are the values 220, 154 and 205 derived
3. What is the variables here i assume the values 1, 2 , 3 & 4
4. What are the limitsations on the inputs 1, 2, 3 & 4 or can higher numbers be used? What about negatives ?
5. What do you mean by Optimal? Is that highest, lowest, even spread etc

Finally can you Please attach a sample file, as I am sure there is more to your model than what is shown

Hello sir,
The whole table given above is the question
The values 36, 42 and 32 are mentioned in the same and they are not derived...
same goes for 220, 154 and 205...
I am attaching an Excel file for further references and better understanding.
The variables here are what you mentioned

PFA for a better understanding

Below is the question that completes the above table

A firm uses 3 machines for manufacturing 3 products: A, B and C. Each nit of Prod-A, B and C has machine requirements given in the table....
a) Formulate the prob. as a linear programming problem
b) Obtain the optimum solution using solver

Attachments

• Book1.xlsx
    8.5 KB · Views: 8
Himanshu

Is this a school assignment ?

Because there is not enough information in what you have posted to help us help you.

To use solver there must be relationships between the columns and totals or rows and totals and also limits to what the 1-4 values can be
Without that data I cannot help you

If it is a school assignment, I would suggest re-reading the question as well as asking for assistance.
If you get the question better defined, then review other Solver solutions here by using Search

Hello sir,
This isn't a school assignment, its just a question that I had been facing problems since a long time.... and wanted to get through with it.
Anyways, I'll verify the question once again and will get back to you with precise data.

Thank You for the help sir

If I may,
Can you help me with Weighted Moving Average Method in Excel?
Is it the same as moving average method which we use through data analysis?

Himanshu

It is best practice and highly recommended that you start a new post for a new question

Weighted Averages are straight forward and you should find lots of help using the Search Box at the Top of each page at Chandoo.org

Back